Translate

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Science project gone horribly wrong (the Icing Endeavor)



...or at least that's what I like to call it. I followed Monster Kookies' instructions on how to make frosting for a cupcake, and it went crazy. I mixed polymer clay and TLS and it became this huge sticky mess that stuck to everything. I lost a sponge and a rubber glove over it. Thankfully I was able to wash the rest of the tools used, although I was certain I wouldn't be able to get it off of my hands. But I did. And I learned to mix it more and not touch it with my hands at all. I will put a picture up eventually of the cupcake I used it on. I had extra so I used it to cover a bit of my salmon pink clay, making it a purple fuzzy rock. Lesson learned.

Besides, now that I know I won't be making this mistake again, I have created a Rare and Retired cupcake. I printed a Certificate of Authenticity and I am giving it as a gift to my friend who's going away soon, to make it special.

1 comment :

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments or questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...