Translate

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Shipping Nationwide

I have been entertaining the possibility of nationwide (and eventually worldwide) shipping for a long time. It is kind of hard to do, seeing as I'm 15 and don't have a credit card, but it's definitely a future possibility. I am looking to expand our little business and I think this would be a good place to start.
I do have an Etsy shop and while I can't use it now, it will be available to me and all of you in the future. I guess I'll settle money payments that way, so that takes care of that. Probably through PayPal. (Note: I tend to undercharge according to friends/family. So if you think you're getting a good deal, then you probably are. But it's gonna change when I start to include shipping factors. Read on.)
The only real issue is packaging. Boxes cost a lot, so that will increase the price considerably (too bad for you, but I guess you already know and are used to that). I can deal with that. But then there is the issue of the fragility of my items. I tend to sculpt small scenes that are very detailed and could fall apart easily in the mail. I think this could be avoided for the most part with proper packaging, and this is where I need help. For those of you out there who ship miniatures elsewhere, especially polymer clay miniatures, please advise. How should I package them? When I bring them to my friends at school or whatever, I use small boxes with stuffing. The stuffing keeps them safe in my backpack, etc., but it would definitely not hold up in the mail. As soon as I can figure out this issue (and don't tell me to not include fine details. They're my signature thing. I mean, I'll try to make it a little less detailed, but really. You can't know what is or isn't going to fall apart until the person who ordered it contacts you all angry saying it arrived broken into a million pieces.) and the issue of payment methods (which should get resolved with age- I know most of you out there are thinking that it is ridiculous to expect a 15-year old entrepeneur to start this), I will start to ship nationwide. So expect it in the future.
Another note: I think I mentioned this in the last post, but again- the website is still having problems that Cali and I are working to fix, so to keep up-to-date with pictures of stuff we've made, check out Flickr (Firefox979). See you later, hot potater!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...