Translate

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Student work





My friend Caitlin was at my house the other day with her little brother, Christopher. It was some sort of party. I showed her my art room and the Clay Table, and she loved the miniatures/jewelry but was scared of the idea of sculpting.





I kept encouraging her and saying that there was no wrong way to do it because it's art and stuff like that. That's the good thing about sculpting- you can do whatever you want with it. She had had experience with ceramics- actual clay- before and quickly recognized that in theory this wasn't much different, but in actuality, there were a lot more options with polymer clay. I started her off with some small models to copy- a flower stud earring, a donut. Soon she became bold enough to do something of her own- a plate of pancakes. I let her use some of my pre-made syrup- TLS with soft pastels. Here's a picture. I also made her earrings while she was there. The flower is GITD, BTW.


I call it 'student work' even though she's technically not my student, but if/when Cali and I do start teaching, I would start off with simple things like food and this is probably how it would turn out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...