Translate

Friday, August 05, 2011

Pins (and Bake&Bond)

Yes, it is time again for me to give you a good hint.
And it's about the use of pins.
Now, I'm not talking about really sharp ones or really long ones. Short, stubby, bluntish pins do the job just fine.
I use them in almost everything, to hold my pieces together. They are about 1 inch, maybe, and the head of the pin is pretty small. You see, they're different from my sculpting pins, which have a ball at the end (good for hollowing out stuff) and are longer (good for holding when you pierce eyes or something). I got a really cheap ($1) pack of like 250 or so from Hobby Lobby, a really good deal. It's great they're so cheap because I was making a Mario Wiggler and to connect the body segments I used like 4 and for the flower on its head I used one, and I almost used 8 more for the legs but I thought, Bake&Bond will do the job. And so it does. To throw in another tip, use Sculpey Bake&Bond for holding smaller pieces together, and a glue gun for the bigger less fragile pieces. It's like clay glue, and it dries pretty quickly, although not nearly as fast as a glue gun. I think it's sort of the same thing as Translucent Liquid Sculpey, because it's bakeable, but who cares. It gets the job done. It's maybe...$6 or $7? At Michael's.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or questions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...